Wednesday 3 April 2013

Late March news

Hello!

March was mainly for uni work.. so here is my studio space!


I'd like to say it's normally tidier than that but... it's not. You can't be tidy whilst being creative!

So here are some massive origami models and some with print. I don't think i'm going to move the larger models idea forward as it is a MASSIVE hassle each time to laser cut the paper and it engraved too far and tore and ohhhh bother. I'd like to work in a material you wouldn't normally associate with origami so i'm having a go at FABRIC. Oh yes..fabric. What am I letting myself in for..

Here is my space a few days later... i'm now addicted to screen printing!

Paper Marquette (no. a million)
This would be amazing in fabric as an arm piece

Today's challenge - make this paper sample into a fabric sample!

Unraveled it looks like this.
It's got to be this length too.. 
Stitched up and ready to fold...

Voila!

The edges just need to be neatened but how I do that depends what i'm going to do with it. Which is...
I have no idea..


I love this so much.. way more than the 3D wallpaper I was going to do.. 

Now to work on the print and colour scheme!

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated

Jessie x


No comments:

Post a Comment